Careers4Engineers gives students and alumni of the A. James Clark School of Engineering, 24-hour access to engineering job listings (co-op, internship, and entry-level), on-campus interview schedules, and employer information sessions. Careers4Engineers (C4E) is a subset of Careers4Terps (C4T) which is the campus-wide system. Any engineering job listed in Careers4Terps will also be listed in Careers4Engineers.
Activating your Account
Freshmen, transfer and new graduate engineering students may register for Careers4Engineers once they are on campus taking courses.
To activate your C4E account, first bring a hard copy of your resume to the Engineering Co-op & Career Services office for a critique.
No appointment is necessary for a resume critique; walk-in hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:00.
We will activate your C4E and C4T accounts during your resume critique appointment.
We strongly recommend that you attend the following workshops (offered weekly in Martin Hall) before having your resume critiqued:
- Job Search 101 Workshop or, for interanational students, Job Search 101 for F1 Students, which covers specific regulations and responsibilities regarding CPT.
- Resume Writing Workshop
If you cannot attend a workshop, be sure to review the materials on our website regarding Resume Writing, Co-op/ Internships and Careers4Engineers. Once you've updated your resume based on our suggestions, stop by our office to have your resume reviewed.
Once your C4E account is active, you will need to update your personal and academic profiles before you can upload a resume to apply for jobs or request interviews.
Be sure to log in periodically to update your contact information, GPA, class standing, etc.
You will use Careers4Engineers to:
- upload your resume and other job application materials
- search and apply for job postings
- register for employer-led resume clinics and mock interviews
- request and schedule on-campus interviews
By using Careers4Engineers, you are giving Engineering Career Services consent to release your resume and registration data to employers. The information you provide in your profile (GPA, citizenship status, major, etc.) MUST be current and accurate to the best of your knowledge. If you are dishonest in your profile, you will no longer be able to use the Careers4Engineers system, and we reserve the right to report you to the University Student Judiciary for a possible violation of the Code of Student Conduct and/or the Code of Academic Integrity.
Policies and Additional Resources
- Be sure to review the Policies related to Careers4Engineers, missing campus interviews, and job offer acceptance.
- For more details on using Careers4Engineers please see Careers4Engineers.