Students of the Clark School of Engineering have access to one convenient 24-hour online portal for accessing relevant engineering employment opportunities, from your first internship to your full-time job after graduation. Through Careers4Engineers (C4E), you can upload your resume, research companies, apply to jobs and sign-up for on-campus interviews, or track where your resume has been sent.
Activating your Account
Before you can access C4E, you must first have your resume critiqued in the Engineering Career Services Office. We strongly recommend that you first attend both of the following workshops (offered weekly in Martin Hall):
- Job Search 101 or, for international students, Job Search 101 for F1 Students, which covers specific regulations and responsibilities regarding CPT.
- Resume Writing
If you cannot attend a workshop, be sure to review the materials on our website regarding Resume Writing, Co-op/ Internships and Careers4Engineers. Once you've updated your resume based on our suggestions, stop by our office to have your resume reviewed.
No appointment is necessary for a resume critique. Walk-in hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30.
We will activate your C4E (and Careers4Terps C4T) account during your resume critique appointment.
Note that freshmen, transfer and new graduate engineering students may request Careers4Engineers activation once they are on campus taking courses.
Before you can apply to job postings in C4E, you must answer some required questions under each tab in My Account and then upload your resume. Be sure to log in periodically to update your contact information, GPA, class standing, etc.
You will use Careers4Engineers to:
- upload your resume and other job application materials
- research employers
- search and apply for job postings
- register for employer-led resume clinics and mock interviews
- request and schedule on-campus interviews
- By using Careers4Engineers, you are giving Engineering Career Services consent to release your resume and registration data to employers.
- The information you provide in your profile (GPA, citizenship status, major, etc.) MUST be current and accurate to the best of your knowledge. If you are dishonest in your profile, your C4E account will be blocked, and we reserve the right to report you to the University of Maryland's Office of Student Conduct for a possible violation of the Code of Student Conduct and/or the Code of Academic Integrity.
- See our Student Policies page for additional guidelines related to using Careers4Engineers, missing campus interviews, and job offer acceptance.